the yoga of blogging

Because I'm a yoga teacher, I get asked a lot, "do you have a daily yoga practice?"

At first, I might say no, because although I hate to admit it, there are certainly days that I don't roll out my mat. On the other hand, though, I'd have to say that I absolutely have a daily yoga practice. The yoga of life...

I find myself incorporating the philosophies of yoga on a daily basis from very small moments (breathe deeply, Kim, breathe deeply) to huge ways (non-violence, self study, compassion and kindness towards others). When my neck and shoulders are aching, I know which physical poses will alleviate my pain. I truly believe that once one starts practicing yoga, the yoga gets into them. It certainly can shift perspective in huge ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons from Archie

The Truth About Yoga (Dudes, you may want to read this)